Saturday, September 28, 2013

Adjusting Altitudes and Attitudes

"Dawn" gouache on paper, Lois Keller



From those last depressing posts you can see what our life is like with Alzheimer's.  It's up and down, sunup and sundown.  I have a wonderful life, I have a wonderful mother.  She is still here, and she wouldn't want me moping about and worrying and complaining. She would want me busy, so I am busy, and I am happy, and walked the dogs with my little girl this morning, the way she used to walk with me when I was little.   Alzheimer's Disease does something strange to time,  it becomes no longer linear, but all surrounding.  So today I have a new attitude of positivity, of love, and hope.  I wear my #endalz shirt when I'm busy and not with Peggy, so I can remember that having Alzheimer's in my family is special, and that we have a role to play in finding a cure.



Me, working in the kitchen sporting my #endalz T-shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment